YourDOST raises Rs 8 Cr from SAIF partners
YourDOST has confirmed their investment of Rs 8Cr from SAIF Partners. This Bengaluru based startup launched in Dec 2014 is into providing anonymous counseling services. This is started by IIT-Guwahati alumnus Richa Singh, along with IIM-Bangalore alumnus Puneet Manuja, Northeastern University alumnus Satyajeet Nandekar and Prakhar Verma, a computer science graduate from BMSCE, Bangalore.
Existing investors (below are the details)also participated in this round of funding.
- Aprameya Radhakrishnan (co-founder, TaxiForSure)
- Phanindra Sama (co-founder, redBus)
- Subba Rao Telidevara (former partner of PE firm Actis and founder of LotusPool Capital Pool)
- Vibhu Garg (co-founder, Unicommerce)
- Paula Ravindra Mariwala (executive director, Seedfund)
- Gaurav Bhalotia (vice president – engineering, Flipkart)
Apart from these other investors that participated are
- Aneesh Reddy , Founder, Capillary Technologies
- Neeraj Jawalkar, Founder, Smartur
- Sanjay Anandaram , Partner, Seedfund
- Pavan Ongole, Former Director, SoftBank
- Venk Krishnan, co-founder, nuVentures
Apart from this, SAIF Partners recently invested $3.5M in FarEye. This Hong Kong based venture capitalist firm made 181 investments in 136 companies and raised raised $350M funds only to invest in new Indian startups. The firm has backed mobile payments firm Paytm and online ticket booking portal Bookmyshow. It is likely to ramp up investments in technology focused businesses.
Startups related to healthcare has seen lots of funding. Today’s world is equivalent to a rat race that needs this kind of services. Anonymity is one criterion when people want to discuss about themselves. It’s like confessing to a priest in the confession chamber. Technology has given this advantage and startups are budding in this space.
Recently CupidCare started their services of sexual healthcare consulting. This startup claims to have 40,000+ visitors in the first month itself. eHealthaccess formerly know as e-Vaidya also picked up investments from angels and VC with their healthcare e-business model. Thanks to technology more startups would be budding in this area.
Block your date for the largest Indian CEO and CXO conference in Hyderabad. Learn More "Listen, Learn, Network and Connect with the decision makers".