For those of you who prefer navigating India’s cities’ dense traffic via two-wheelers rather than cars or buses, there’s great news for you folks! Vogo, a Bengaluru and IoT (Internet of Things) based scooter – rental startup has launched an automated platform where you can rent scooters for specific periods of time. The duration can range from a few minutes to a few hours to a few days or even a month! It allows commuters to do a one – way travel using its scooters. Commuters can pick a scooter at one location in a city and drop it off at their destination point in another location in the city. The scooters come with built-in IoT and GPS based sensors, which enable the startup to track the exact location of its scooters. This innovative idea definitely solves commutation problems across Indian cities. Read more on Mobile apps
“We have built a localized solution for India with scooter sharing as a product since more people are comfortable riding scooters versus rented cycles or cars”, said Anand Ayyadurai, CEO of Vogo.
The CEO says that one-way rides are more common during weekdays than during weekends. He also said that more and more commuters prefer to commute via Vogo’s scooters at least for a distance of 5 kms over cab hailing services (like Ola or Uber), their own cars or government buses. If any commuter tries to ride overtime or tries to keep the scooter for himself/herself, the startup will easily come to know via the scooters’ GPS and IoT based sensors. The culprits can easily be tracked down and punished (by registering a complaint). The startup currently operates in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Manipal and Mysore. Vogo was founded in 2016 by IIT-Bombay graduate, Sanchit Mittal. The startup charges Rs. 10 for every 30 minutes and not per kilometre!
Here are the steps to rent a Vogo scooter:
- Open the mobile app (sign in) or website, vogo.in (If mobile app has not been downloaded, download it using Google Play Store)
- Choose the duration for which you want to rent the Vogo scooter (a few minutes, a few hours, a few days or even a month!)
- Click on ‘Pay Online’ to make your payment.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ button below the terms and conditions.
- The scooter’s location will be sent to you via SMS to your registered mobile number.
- Once you have arrived at the scooter’s location, click on ‘I have found my scooter’
- Confirm the pickup.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Type the OTP in the spark box on the scooter.
- If the OTP is correct, the scooter’s key will pop out from the right side of the spark box.
- Do not forget to wear the helmet located in the scooter’s dickey for safety purposes.
- Then click on the ‘Get going’ button on the mobile.
- Once the ride is completed, Press ‘*’ six times on the spark box.
- The slot on the right side of the spark box will open. Place the scooter’s key in the slot and the scooter’s helmet in the dickey.
- Click on the ‘Complete Ride’ button in the mobile app. Your ride is now completed!
Cities like Bengaluru are very notorious for their dense traffic almost all the time. Startups like Vogo help solve commutation problems in such highly populated cities. This provides a lot of relief to commuters who can save a lot of time by commuting on Vogo’s scooters. Even to rent a Vogo scooter for an entire month, a person needs to pay only Rs. 4000/- with Rs. 1000/- paid in advance. The rental pricing on Vogo scooters is very economical at Rs. 10/- for every 30 minutes, well within the reach of the common man. The government of India must fund, incubate and promote more of such useful and innovative startups. Read more on Startup News
Learn Cloud Computing From Experts. Learn Now "Cloud engineers are paid the highest salary and there is a huge shortage in the IT industry".