Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful city events in July, August and September and started October with Noida, Delhi, Vadodara, Mumbai, Chennai and Goa events and on 25th October they had event in Surat. The one day event was attended by around 50 entrepreneurs. The panelist included Mr. Dharmesh Mehta (Director at Artham Solutions Pvt. Ltd), Mr. Anil Saraogi (Hon. Secretary at The Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry – SGCCI) and other HNI’s.
The event was held at The Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI). It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization. It is the oldest apex body of Gujarat with a total focus on growth and development of Trade and Industry in the Southern Gujarat Region. It has a strong base of more than 7300 direct members, more than 100 associations and an indirect membership of more than 60000 members from a wide spectrum of Trade and Industry.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z by Cross Border Angels covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and branding and strategy insights were provided by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. Amongst the startups that were shortlisted for pitching the best 5 had won the event.
The winners for the Surat city event are:
- Shirsa Labs
- Pratsware Technologies
- Shilp Maitri Innovative Solutions
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
Startup India Rocks! Finale is at SAP Labs in Bengaluru on 18th and 19th November.
Launch Your Mobile App in 6 weeks. Learn More "Convert your Idea in to business".