In move aimed at digitization, central government is insisting all the respective departments to move towards eGovernance and facilitate easier way to reach public services. Taking in to consideration Indian Roadways and Transport Ministry is launching m-Parivahan and e-Challan road safety apps.
m-Parivahan and e-Challan can be used not only by travelers or by citizens but it is an app that will also aid the lawmakers and the traffic police. following are the expected benefits from these apps.
- Unified database of vehicles from across the states
- Easy Callahan issue and payments
- Tracking frequent vehicle offenders
- Organizing your licence, RC and Insurance details
- Linking Insurance with renewal facility
- Vehicle ownership and transfer information
- Anonymous offender reporting
- Online Readdressal mechanism for transport department related works
- Linking Aadhaar
This move is aimed at bringing government closer to people. Last week launch of BHIM app was very successful and crossed the milestone of 1crore registered users.