Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful city events in July, August and September and started October with Noida, Delhi, Vadodara and Mumbai event and on 15th October they had event in Chennai. The one day event was attended by around 15 startups attended. The panelist included Mr. Balram Nair (Vice President at The Chennai Angels), Mr. Sameer Mehta (Member of Chennai Angels and Director at Health Sensei & ProKlean Technologies) and Mr. Madanlal Gundecha (Member of Chennai Angels).
The event was held at AtWorks. It is a unique co-working initiative launched in Chennai, India. They are dedicated to help entrepreneurs for startups, freelancers and SMEs by providing an ecosystem of facilities, activities and services to help them succeed. They have a variety of open desks, training rooms, conference rooms, a stocked pantry, reliable internet and power backups, and much more.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z by Cross Border Angels covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and branding and strategy insights were provided by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. Amongst the startups that were shortlisted for pitching the best 6 had won the event.
The winners for the Chennai city event are:
- SuperLorry Services Pvt. Ltd
- Clone Me
- Limex Healthcare (India) Pvt. Ltd.
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem. Read more about Startup India Rocks.The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in. Startup India Rocks! is coming to Goa on 18th October. Read more Startup News.
Launch Your Mobile App in 6 weeks. Learn More "Convert your Idea in to business".