Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful city events in July and August and in September at the startup capital, Bengaluru. The next event destination was Chandigarh on 30th September, 2016. The one day event was attended by more than 25 startups. The panelist included Mr. Sahil Verma (Chief Legal Officer of Turn8 ventures), Mr. Vineet Khurana (Member of Chandigarh Angels and Founder of Educopter, Viprasoft & Edutainment4u), Mr. Brij Raj Singh (Technical Lead at Microsoft) and Mr. Munish Jauhar (Founding Curator of Chandigarh Hub at World Economic Forum).
The event was held at Innov8. It is in the business of providing co-working space to startups, freelancers, remote teams to small & medium business who all benefit from the startup events conducted throughout the year. It is the first non-tech Indian startup to be part of the prestigious US based Y-Combinator.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and branding and strategy insights were provided by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. From Chandigarh, around 20 startups were shortlisted for pitching and the best 4 had won the event. The winners for the Chandigarh city event are:
- Digital Self Defense InfoSec
- Zoro Stars Led Lights (Power Solutions)
- Innovation 3D Hub
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem. The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
Startup India Rocks! is coming to Greater Noida on 4th October at BIMTECH and to Delhi on 5th October at Stirring Minds. Read Latest News.
Are you intrested to become guest author and write about business, Leadership or finance? Register and start Contributing your knowledge and experience.