Reliance Industries telecom unit, JIO has now reached over 100 Million subscribers in just 6 Months. Addressing the success, Reliance Industries chairman Mr. Mukesh D Ambani gave a speech at Reliance headquarters in Mumbai this afternoon.
Below are the achievements by JIO Digital Life since its birth:
- JIO acquired 50 million subscribers in 83 days since commercial launch on September 5 and 100 million in 170 days.
- This average of 7 customers per second on daily basis.
- Over 200 Crore minutes of voice calls and video call have been made.
- More than 100 Crores of internet Data has been used by the customers. This makes India, the No.1 internet usage country.
- 5 Crore hours of video have been watched through JIO network.
- Over 10 Lakhs retail partnership was introduced all across India.
India was at 150th position in the world in the usage of internet data and telecom service. After JIO, thanks to its Free Data plan, India now ranks 1st in the world for using telecom services.
Mr. Ambani commented, “When we started, we set a target for ourselves in terms of saying that we will acquire 100 million customers in the shortest time. Even we didn’t imagine that we will do it in months in terms of that.”
Future Plans of JIO:
As the flagship data plan of JIO is coming to end in March 2017, the company has revealed their tariff plans and other services. JIO telecommunications is working on providing True 4G, LTE service experience to their customers.
- The company will provide tariff plans which will contest with other telecom services. But, the customers will get double 4G services when compared to others.
- Telecom service will provide 20% more value to each of the competitor plans.
- They will be providing free Voice calls for local and STD across the country. This will imply to all networks.
- JIO is treating the first 100 Million customers with elite service named JIO PRIME MEMBERSHIP. This will only imply to the first 100 Million connections. This service includes:
- Rs 99 per year will give the JIO PRIME MEMBERSHIP. This is only available to existing JIO users. Also, users who join JIO network will be eligible for the Prime membership.
- Once you are a JIO Prime member, you will have to pay Rs 303 per month and get the same free JIO services that you get now. This means unlimited data (subjected to 1GB FUP limit per day) which you will get at a price of Rs 303 per month for 12 months.
- You will access to all JIO application services which will cost over Rs.10,000 per year.
- The Registration of JIO PRIME MEMBERSHIP can be done through My JIO and their website.
Before the speech, shares of the fellow competitors have been slashed down. Airtel share is down by 2.2% and Idea Cellular shares are down by 1.1%. After JIO, the telecoms giants IDEA cellular and Vodafone India have merged together to provide better operations in India. Read more JIO news.
Looking for good home made food at office? Try TinMen Prices start at just 70 RS per meal.