Indian audiences are always keen about their Television and Cricket. What will other better way be when they both come together?
Indian Premier League-Season 10 (IPL-10) is just around the corner and every single cricket fan in the country is excited. The platform brings the top International player and uncapped player together. Apart from enjoying the game, lots of business and big money goes in the 50-day cricket carnival.
8 teams from the different states will be participating this season. Below are the teams and the amount spent this season:
- Mumbai Indians, owned by Reliance Industries Ltd for $111.9 Million have spent Rs.54.445 Crore this year. This is the costliest team in the league.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore, owned by United Spirits, spent Rs.53.157 Crore this year.
- Raising Pune Supergiants, owned by CESE Limited and spent Rs.51.65 Crore.
- Gujarat Lions, owned by Keshav Bhansal (Intex Technologies) have spent Rs. 46.9 Crore.
- Kolkata Knight Riders, owned by Red Chillies Entertainment have invested Rs. 46.25 Crore.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad, owned by Sun TV network has invested Rs.45.1 Crore.
- Delhi Daredevils, owned by GMR Groups have spent Rs.44.2 Crore.
- King XI Punjab, owned by Indian Actress Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia and Oberoi Groups has invested Rs.42.65 Crore.
The humongous amount of Rs.384.97 Crore of has sanctioned by the 8 teams this year. Total 144 players including 40 international players were retained by 8 IPL 2017 team franchises and 63 players were released for IPL 2017 Auctions.
While 1.3 Billion people of India, stick to their televisions to watch IPL for 50 straight days, companies prefer sponsoring the organisations, which will help them advertising their products.
This year, IPL is targeting Rs.1,300 crore of advertising revenue. Previously, IPL 9 achieved Rs 1,100 crore in advertising money from maximum sponsors till date.
The associate sponsors will be paying Rs 5.75 lakh for a 10-second spot. The ad-period in a typical match will be of 2,300 sec. A single advertisement will be of 120 seconds each. Among which, associate sponsors Vivo, Vodafone, Amazon have retained their sponsorships. Whereas, Havells, Makemytrip, Voltas, CEAT Tyres, Vimal Pan Masala, Yamaha Motors, Parle Agro Frooti, Yes Bank and Polycab are the new sponsors for the league.
Title Sponsor, VIVO Mobile, will be paying sponsorship amount of Rs 100 crore a year. The deal was signed for the year 2016 and 2017. Earlier, Pepsi was title sponsor from 2013, which paid Rs.80 Crore per year and real estate company DLF was the title sponsor from 2008-2012 paying Rs. 50 Crore per year.
Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI), is the official television broadcaster of Indian Premier League. They will be broadcasting the tournament for the 10th consecutive year. The media company has acquired the rights for a 10 year period for Rs. 8,200 crore. This will the last year of the ten-year deal.
On the other hand, Hotstar, Star India’s digital streaming platform are set to make Rs200 crore in advertisement revenue, as they have signed sponsorship deals worth Rs20 crore each with Vivo and Maruti Suzuki.
IPL has seen a massive jump over the years with a cumulative reach of 361.2 million. IPL-9 has witnessed a 254% increase since its inception in 2008 and an 88% increase in IPL-8.
As die-hard cricket fans, we hope IPL-10 does well this year and break all the records on the field as well as at the business sectors and give us unforgettable memories. Read Indian Startup news
Launch Your Mobile App in 6 weeks. Learn More "Convert your Idea in to business".