If you have the desire to get into the business world via some great business schools across the US and the world, take the exam that opens the door for you. It is the GMAT exam that stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. GMAT score is the trusted part of the admission process of many business schools worldwide. If you want a great head start to your business career, get a good score in the GMAT test and enroll in some great business programs offered by various good business schools. This article contains information related to GMAT and the answer to the question-is taking GMAT over GRE worth?
If you are still not sure which test to take, then you are unaware of the exam details. We will discuss both the exams in detail here.
- This is a general admission test for candidates applying to a wide range of graduate programs.
- Only 6% take the GRE for graduate business program.
- The total testing time for GRE is 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- In GRE you will get two 30-minute analytical writing sections, two 30-minute verbal sections, two 30-minute verbal sections and one unscored “experimental section”.
- The GMAT exam is designed for business schools by business schools to specifically assess the skills needed to succeed in a graduate level management business program.
- More than 200,000 business school aspirants take part in the GMAT exam every year to enroll in a graduate business program.
- The total testing time for the GMAT exam is 3 hours and 7 minutes.
- The GMAT exam contains one 30-minute Analytical Writing Assessment Section, one 30-minute integrated reasoning, one 62-minute quantitative reasoning, section and one 65-minute verbal reasoning section.
The GMAT exam is specifically designed for the business school admission process while the GRE is for other graduate programs. And the numbers suggest that GMAT is the choice for students who want to get into a good business school.
The GMAT Advantage:
- The appropriate higher order skills for graduate management education is measured by the GMAT test.
- The GMAT practice test displays your seriousness and readiness for earning a graduate management education.
- The sections in the GMAT exam test specific skills needed to succeed in a business program.
- The Analytical Writing Assessment tests your ability to analyze an argument in written form.
- Integrated reasoning measures the skills used to analyze information and the quantitative reasoning section measures your problems solving skills. And finally, the Verbal Reasoning section measures reading comprehension, critical reasoning and sentence correction skills.
- You can take the GMAT exam when you are ready to take it.
What are the minimum requirements for scheduling the exam?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You can take the exam not more than 5 times within a 12-month period and not more than 8 times in total.
- If you have already taken the exam, then you will have to wait for 16 days for retaking the exam.
- You have achieved a perfect total score of 800, you will have to wait 5 years to test again.
How to register for the GMAT exam?
- You will have to first create an account on mba.com to get started. Visit https://accounts.gmac.com/Account/Register to fill the form.
- Once you create an account you will receive two free GMAT prep question each week. You would be able to access GMAT official prep products that includes a free starter kit and two free practice exams. You can also choose the opt-in option to have schools contact you directly about their programs. You can also search for schools, compare them and save them to your account for accessing them later. With this account you can also manage your GMAT appointment and scores.
- With the help of this account you can then schedule your GMAT exam. The scheduling fee is $250.
- The GMAT exam is available all around the world and throughout the year. To find a test center visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/
Can the exam be cancelled?
If you are not intending to reschedule your GMAT exam, you can cancel it. You will also receive an $80 partial refund if you cancel your exam by the deadline. If you cancel your scheduled test before 7 days of the actual exam date, you will get the partial refund otherwise there won’t be any refund. There is a special refund policy for testing centers in South Korea. If the scheduled exam is cancelled before 7 days of the actual examination date, then a $150 dollar will be made otherwise a $50 refund will be made.
Can the exam be rescheduled?
You can reschedule the GMAT exam. If you are willing to reschedule the exam, a rescheduling fee will apply. You will have to pay $60 fee every time you reschedule your exam if you apply for it before 7 days of the actual exam date. If you want to reschedule it within 7 calendar days of the scheduled test date and time, then you will have to pay an additional $250. If your GMAT exam is scheduled for a Tuesday at 9 am, you must reschedule or cancel by 8:59 am the previous Tuesday to avoid losing the entire fee. For more information like contact details or to reschedule your appointment in a country other than the one in which you scheduled your original appointment.
The GMAT exam is the same for all
GMAT exam consists of variety of questions, the GMAT exam test takers are:
- Evaluated on the same number of questions.
- Given the same type of questions.
- Subject to time limits.
- Tested in similar conditions.
Keep this thing in mind: You are not allowed to hold, copy or open any exam queries or answer in whole, or in column in any frame or by any means. In testing rooms, you will be allowed your id, key to supplied locker, prescription eyeglasses and during breaks you will be allowed water, food and comfort items that are approved by GMAC and Pearson VUE. After your exam you will get your unofficial score report.