Amazon Web Services’s cloud servers in Mumbai region went live today
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has expanded its footprint into India by launching its cloud servers in Mumbai today. They sent an official mail to clients asking them to migrate their applications and workloads to Mumbai, India cloud server if their end-customer is close to the new location.
Mumbai is the sixth AWS zone in Asia joining Beijing, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, and Tokyo. It is also the 13th region worldwide adding to the available 35 AWS zones worldwide.
Below is the mail from Amazon to customers
Benefits of this launch to Indian startups
- Now the services of Amazon would be paid in local currency (INR), so there are chances for price reduction
- Web applications, apps, and websites will open faster thereby reducing latency to end-users based in India.
Amazon claims to have around 75,000 active customers using AWS in India. Some of them are Ola, NDTV, Tata Motors, redBus, Hotstar, and Macmillan India. Apart from this lot of startups use AWS considering the scale which it has.
This new Mumbai region will support Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) (C4, M4, T2, D2, I2, and R3 instances are available) and related services including Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing.
It also supports the following services:
- AWS Certificate Manager (ACM)
- AWS CloudFormation
- Amazon CloudFront
- AWS CloudTrail
- Amazon CloudWatch
- AWS CodeDeploy
- AWS Config
- AWS Direct Connect
- Amazon DynamoDB
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Amazon Elasticsearch Service
- Amazon EMR
- Amazon Glacier
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Import/Export Snowball
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- Amazon Kinesis
- AWS Marketplace
- AWS OpsWorks
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) – all database engines including Amazon Aurora
- Amazon Route 53
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) – Only from Current region – Not In India
- Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
- AWS Support
- AWS Trusted Advisor
- VM Import/Export
AWS Direct Connect is also available to provide a dedicated network connection from organization’s on-premises environment to the AWS Cloud.
Amazon wants to constantly expand to better service its worldwide customers.
Take advantage of this and move your server to Mumbai to provider faster service to customers in India.
Thanks to our super fast technology team, We have successfully moved our servers to India from Singapore in no time, so please expect faster speeds.
From Entrepreneurs to Wannapreneurs, Technopreneurs, and Socialpreneurs every one is attending Xelerate India 2017 Register Here to attend the event.