Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. To begin with, they have started with Jaipur, Rajasthan. The Rajasthan city chapter unfolded at Taxila Business School, Jaipur on 19th July, 2016. The one day event was attended by 40 startups. The panelist included Mr. Mahavir Pratap Sharma (Chairman of RAIN), Mr. Mandar Gadkari (Director, India at Cross Border Angels) and Mr. Chintan Bakshi (Chief Operating Officer at Startup Oasis). Around 15 startups pitched, and 4 were winners.
After Jaipur, the second startup destination for the roadshow was Kolkata. The event was held at NASSCOM 10000 Startups Warehouse on 26th July, 2016. NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) is India’s leading trade body with 1400 members comprising of domestic and global Information Technology companies present in the Indian market. Nasscom’s 10,000 Start-ups is an initiative which is aimed at incubating, funding and supporting 10,000 technology start-ups in India. The one day event was attended by 30 startups. The panelist included Mr. Saumyajit Guha (Chief Operating Officer of Calcutta Angels Network), Mr. Ravi Didwani (Angel investor and advisor for startups) and Mr. Mandar Gadkari (Director, India at Cross Border Angels). Around 15 startups pitched, out of which 4 were winners.
The third startup destination for the roadshow was Hyderabad on 29th July, 2016. The one day event was attended by over 70 startups. The event was held at T-Hub. T-Hub is a unique public/private partnership between the government of Telangana, 3 of India’s premier academic institutes (IIIT-H, ISB & NALSAR) and key private sector leaders designed for technology-related start-ups with a mission to catalyse the creation of one of the tightest and most vibrant entrepreneur communities in the world in order to encourage and fuel more start-ups. The panelist included Mr. Viiveck Verma (Cofounder of Anaptyxi People Consult Pvt), Mr. Shyan Peela (Director at Evoke Technologies) and Mr. Mandar Gadkari (Director, India at Cross Border Angels), Ms. Sreedevi Devireddy (Executive Director at TiE, Hyderabad), Mr. P. S. Sreekanth (Investment Director at Hyderabad Angels) and Mr. N.R.R. Vijayakumar (Founder & CKO at Aequitas Global). About 30 startups pitched, out of which 8 were winners.
Out of 140+ startups across 3 cities which were part of the event, the one’s which were able to create an impact on the investors and emerge as winners were:
|Winners|| Mr. Hot Foods Pvt Ltd.
Mr n Mrs Pet
Mobidhobi Technologies Pvt Ltd
Each city event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal Insights session was conducted by VoxLaw and Branding and Strategy Insights session by Times Network. Not only that, Microsoft took a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology in business and Atom Technologies provided a session on importance of payment solution for startups. Thereafter, there was a lunch, where investors and entrepreneurs networked. Post lunch, startups pitched and best startups were selected from each city for the finale.
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and investor. Entrepreneurs got an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Atom, a one stop provider of end to end payment services through Online and offline platforms is offering curated payment solutions to the attendees.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
- Voxlaw, a boutique law firm specializing in tax, legal and regulatory services which provides solutions which incorporate both consulting and legal elements to the startups to give them an edge in the legal aspects of the entrepreneurial environment.
Want to be a guest author? Register Here to share your business knowledge with our readers.