Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful city events in July, August and September at Bengaluru and Chandigarh. The next event destination was Noida on 4th October, 2016. The one day event was attended by more than 20 startups. The panelist included Mr. Mandar Gadkari (Director, India at Cross Border Angels), Mr. Venkatesh Sarvasiddhi (Head at Microsoft Innovation Center), Mr. Sahil Verma (Chief Legal Officer of Turn8 ventures), Ms. Sera Arora (Manager at Lead Angels) and Mr. Sanjay Lodha (Serial Entrepreneur & Startup Mentor).
The event was held at Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH). It provides a highly conducive academic environment, interaction with hard working and industry-academia mix professors, proximity to the strategy makers of the industry and practitioners of the service and manufacturing companies, exposure to the international universities and companies, and a ready profile of strong alumni base spread throughout the world. It ranked 5th among private B-Schools and 13th among all (Government +Private) in National HRD Network (NHRDN) & People Matters B-School Ranking 2016 and ranked at No. 20 among all and at No. 8 among Private B-Schools in the 15th Business Today – MDRA Best Business School Survey – 2014.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and branding and strategy insights were provided by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. From Noida, around 19 startups were shortlisted for pitching and the best 4 had won the event.
The winners for the Noida city event are:
- Astute Innovation Services
- Healers at Home
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem. The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in. Startup India Rocks! is coming to Mumbai and Vadodara on 7th October at Stirring Minds. Read Startup News.