Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful events at Jaipur, Kolkata and Hyderabad and recently in Cochin, the next destination was Ahmedabad. The event was held on 23rd August, 2016. The one day event was attended by over 25 startups. The panelist included Mr. Munir Thakor (Charter Member of TiE Ahmedabad and Owner of Silicon Computech Pvt. Ltd), Mr. Kaushal Chokshi (Founder & Chairman of Scaale Group), Mr. Ravin Saghavi (Head Coach of Venture Studio) and Mr. Nitin Parikh (Senior Financial Advisor of Scaale Group). The event was also attended by Ms. Shivani Amin from Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship, IIM Ahmedabad and members of accelerators based out of Gandhinagar.
The event was held at MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad). It is the first residential institute in the country and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA is the alma mater of professionals serving in leadership positions in some of the best known companies in India and the world, in marketing, brand management, research & analytics, advertising, media, digital and other strategic marketing and communication-driven businesses. Mr. U T Rao, Chairperson of MICA Incubator and other MICA faculty members had provided great support for the event to be a grand success.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal Insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and Atom Technologies provided a session on importance of payment solution for startups. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. From Ahmedabad, 20 startups were shortlisted for pitching and the best 7 had won the event.
The winners for the Ahmedabad city event are:
- Cab (Baroda Taxi Cabs Pvt. Ltd)
- Plexus Professionals Network Private Limited
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Atom, a one stop provider of end to end payment services through Online and offline platforms is offering curated payment solutions to the attendees.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
Launch Your Mobile App in 6 weeks. Learn More "Convert your Idea in to business".