The Rajasthan city chapter unfolded at Taxila Business School, Jaipur. With the support of the institute and special efforts put in by their mentor Prof. Kishore Sharma and Mr. Akhilesh Trivedi, they made Taxila, Rajasthan’s entrepreneurship center on 19th July, 2016. Taxila’s has always had a reputation for research in a wide range of areas including finance and accounting, organizational analysis, international management, strategy and operations management and now entrepreneurship . The School combines the highest standards of academic rigor with a practical understanding of business and wealth creation and with such support to the local startup ecosystem it has once again raised its standards.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal Insight session was conducted by VoxLaw and Branding and Strategy Insights session by Times Network. Post lunch, 14 startups pitched, out of which 4 were winners.
The winners for the Rajasthan city event are:
- Hot Foods Pvt Ltd.
- Mr n Mrs Pet
- Mobidhobi Technologies Pvt Ltd
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
- Voxlaw, a boutique law firm specializing in tax, legal and regulatory services which provides solutions which incorporate both consulting and legal elements to the startups to give them an edge in the legal aspects of the entrepreneurial environment.
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Atom, a one stop provider of end to end payment services through Online and offline platforms is offering curated payment solutions to the winners.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. To begin with, they have started with Jaipur, Rajasthan. The one day event was attended by 40 startups. The panelist included Mr. Mahavir Pratap Sharma (Chairman of RAIN), Mr. Mandar Gadkari (Director, India at Cross Border Angels) Mr. Chintan Bakshi (Chief Operating Officer at Startup Oasis) and Mr. Akhilesh Trivedi (Director, Taxila Entrepreneur Network)