Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful events at Jaipur, Kolkata and Hyderabad and recently in Cochin and Ahmedabad the next destination was pune. The event was held on 25th August, 2016. The one day event was attended by 50 startups. The panelist included Mr. Akash Sureka (Vice President at Digital Experiences), Mr. Shakil Hanjgikar (Director at vTEST), Ms. Sanjukta Kapoor (General Manager at Times Content Marketing) and Dr. Rajendra Bartakke (Professor in Marketing/Entrepreneurship at MIT School of Business)
The event was held at MIT School of Business (MIT-SOB). It is an institute under the umbrella of MIT Group of Institutions, Pune, comprising of 40 Institutions and over 35000 students from India and abroad, has been imparting quality and value based education for over 24 years. . It is one such institute that fulfills Value Based Education and Contemporary Syllabus having experienced faculty all the above criteria. MIT-SOB has played a significant role in the career development of students. The MIT Group institutions are spread all across Maharashtra and are engaged in imparting quality education from school level to post graduate level.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and branding and strategy insights were provided by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. From Pune, 27 startups were shortlisted for pitching and the best 8 had won the event.
The winners for the Pune city event are:
- The Moustache Laundry
- Mike Robotics Private Limited
- Quagga Tech Private Limited
- Swasti Agro & Bioproducts Private Limited
- Abhiruchi Probiotics
- Talentick Edu Solutions Private Limited
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Atom, a one stop provider of end to end payment services through Online and offline platforms is offering curated payment solutions to the attendees.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
Startup India Rocks! is coming to Goa on 1st September at Goa Chambers of Commerce to find Goa’s best startups.
Launch Your Mobile App in 6 weeks. Learn More "Convert your Idea in to business".