Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful events at Jaipur, Kolkata and Hyderabad in July and thereafter in Cochin, Ahmedabad and Pune in August, the next city event was at the startup capital, Bengaluru. The event was held on 20th September, 2016. The one day event was attended by more than 40 startups. The panelist included Mr. Mandar Gadkari (Director, India at Cross Border Angels), Mr. Suryaprakash Konanuru (CTO at Ideaspring Capital), Mr. Venkatesh Sarvasiddhi (Senior Audience Marketing Manager at Microsoft), Ms. Ankita Pawar (Investment Analyst at Sequoia Capital) and Mr. Shyam Menon (Cofounder and Investment Director at Infuse Ventures).
The event was held at Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WeSchool). It is among the Best Business Schools in India offering Post Graduate Diploma in Management in new areas as Retail, Family Managed Business, Business Design & Innovation, Rural Management, Healthcare Management, Media & Entertainment Management and E- business. WeSchool has pioneered programs such as Business Design and Innovation, E-business, Retail, Healthcare, Rural Management, programs for Family Managed business, initiated several partnerships with industry and international universities. In 2015, it received the ‘AICTE -CII best industry-linked management institute’ award
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and branding and strategy insights were provided by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging the Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. From Bengaluru, 30+ startups were shortlisted for pitching and the best 11 had won the event.
The winners for the Bengaluru city event are:
- GumptionLabs (FundExpert.in)
- Primofonte Technologies
- Greetude Energy
- Preksh Innovations Pvt. Ltd
- ACA Enterprises
- Doctors’ Circle
- Stat Labs
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.
Startup India Rocks! is coming to Chandigarh on 30th September at Innov8 to find Punjab’s best startups.
Read more about Startup India Rocks
Looking for good home made food at office? Try TinMen Prices start at just 70 RS per meal.