Life story of Ratan Tata
- Ratan Tata was born in 28 Dec 1937 in Surat, Gujarat, to Naval Tata and his first wife, Sonoo.
- He has a younger brother Jimmy, and a step brother named Noel Tata from his father’s second marriage to Simone Tata
- His parents separated when he was 10, so post that his brother and him were raised by their grandmother, Lady Navajbai Tata in Mumbai.
- Graduated from Cornell University, he got his degree in architecture in structural engineering in 1962.
- He has started his journey in the 1960 in the TATA group
- His first role in Tata group was a general worker in Tata Steel.
- He succeeded J.R.D Tata in 1991 and became the Chairman of Tata group.
- This decision was criticized by many as Ratan Tata was not sufficiently experienced at that time.
- His impeccable leadership skills lead Tata Group to new heights and made it a global brand.
- Ratan Tata’s passion for cars made him create Tata Nano, the cheapest car in the world.
- He received the prestigious honorary Padma Vibhushan in the year 2008.
- He also received the Padma Bhushan in the year 2000 for his tremendous work done throughout his life building the Tata Empire.
- In 2012 Ratan Tata resigned from all his responsibilities on his birthday.
- His responsibilities were transferred to Cyrus Mistry, son of Palonji Mistry and M.D of Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
- He received the Honorary Doctor of Laws by York University, Canada in 2014
- Tata Group fired Cyrus Mistry, and now Ratan Tata is looking for the next Tata Chairman.
See more videos on CEO Tv.
Love playing sports? Download this app "Win cash rewards while playing sports that you love".