- Ampere committed to reduce the carbon emission and reducing the carbon footprint; aims to target 500 three-wheeler e-vehicles for solid waste management
Hemalatha Annamalai, Founder and CEO Ampere Vehicles Pvt Ltd. & South Chapter Chief SMEV, said, “Ampere as a company has been striving for less greenhouse gas and reducing the carbon footprint in terms of using resources”.
Hemalatha commented, “We from the electric vehicle industry are always sensitive and concerned about the impact on environment, be it materials in use or process of manufacturing, our intent is to promote clean and green practices. The rising global temperature, energy cost, energy dependence, etc., all of these, call for oil- free mobility paradigm, which EVs can provide, thus contributing to sustainable environment solutions for planet earth.”
While observing the World Environment Day, Hemalatha demanded, “On behalf of the EV industry, I request the government to mandate compulsory use of battery operated vehicles in picking and disposing solid waste. This will be a milestone initiative in building a clean ecosystem, adopting a cleaner mode.”
Further, she disclosed, Ampere has already, supplied battery operated electric three wheelers for waste collection and segregation in Coimbatore district. “The vehicles have been successfully deployed and are operated by women Self Help Group (SHG) in Kurudampalayam Panchayat in Coimbatore. Ampere three-wheelers, use minimal plastic parts”, Hemalatha said. She added that EVs of the future could reduce the plastic parts and think about other alternatives.
Ampere also aspires to bring e-cycles to villages to provide cost savings, convenience and freedom.
On behalf of the EV Industry, she further demanded:
- For the Government to convert 30% of automobile fleet into EVs by 2030, it should enhance the purchase power for consumers by opening up bank financing options for all EV including fleets.
- Support players in the key component manufacturing by aggregating key component indigenous manufacturing, especially on energy storage components so that the costs come down further and lead to enhanced economies of Scale.
- Government should be a key buyer of all types of EVs.
- Government should introduce focused engineering curriculum on latest EVs Technology in all the leading engineering colleges spread across Tier II Cities and extend 100% support if jobs ought to be created in these towns.
- Enabling cheaper ‘Test Beds/ Labs’ and hassle free testing for gasoline (ICE) to EV conversions.
Love playing sports? Download this app "Win cash rewards while playing sports that you love".