There are various benefits of trademark registration as it provides protection to the business name and legal right to the owner of the business. Registering the trademark stop others to use your mark, sign, symbol, shape, name. Log etc.
Trademark registration also provides the right to receive the remedies to the owner of the trademark in case of infringement of the mark. Numerous benefits of brand registration are given below
- Trademark registration protects the name of the company, logo, sign or any other kind of mark.
- It enables the mark owner receives nationwide ownership of the mark.
- Also, it reduces the chance of another party to claim that your mark infringes upon their trademark.
- It provides the official notice which tells that the mark is already registered under the trademark.
- Trademark registration also provides the future rights to the owner of the mark.
- If the mark is registered under the united states that it can be used for obtaining registration in the foreign countries.
Stop others from using your trademark
- Once your mark gets registered under the trademark then no one other than you can use your mark.
- If someone tries to use your mark then your rights get infringe then you have a right to take the action against the infringement of your rights.
- If the mark is registered then it will appear in the trademark search report ordered by others.
- It will stop every other person to use your mark and sell his goods and services.
- The United State trademark office will refuse to register any other sign which is likely to confuse with your registered sign.
- After getting your mark registered you will receive the remedy in case of the violation of your rights.
- Trademark owner will receive the presumption of being a valid owner of the mark.
- It helps the owner to resolve the dispute for an infringing internet domain name.
- It also provides an authentic right to the owner in order to sue in the federal court.
The requirement for registering a trademark
There are various requirements for registering a brand name and some of them are given below
- The trademark registration applicant needs the true name and address in order to file the trademark application for the registration.
- Applicant needs to provide the clear drawing of the marker sign along with the specimen of the trademark. Specimen tells that how the mark is used on goods and services.
- There is a need for properly formulated listing of the goods and services with the mark.
- Draft the product description carefully in order to reflect the source of the product.
- Use the different language as it will help you to get the trademark more easily.
- Furthermore, mention the date of first use of the mark (if any) this document plays an important role as an evidence.
- Registration of trademark cost $335 for each class of goods and services.
Launch Your Mobile App in 6 weeks. Learn More "Convert your Idea in to business".