After the immense success of its telecommunication network, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited had made a new product launch namely JioFi, a personal WiFi hotspot device which provides 4G high-speed internet connectivity.
The JioFi is available at Rs 1,999 after a first mandatory recharge of Rs 408 but they get 4G data worth Rs 1,005, which comes down to an effective cost of Rs 994.
The JioFi offers:
- True 4G High Speed with Video and HD Voice Calls.
- 4G Data for 2G and 3G devices as well.
- Can connect up to 10 Devices.
- Sim Home delivery option in Selected Locations.
To get the JioFi, you will need to submit Proof of Address (POA), Proof of Identity (POI), and a passport size colour photograph in order to get the SIM for the JioFi device activated.
For the launch of new product, the company has launched two new plans: 1)Users get a 100% exchange deal where they’ll need to hand over their existing data card, dongle or hotspot router at any Jio Digital store or Jio Care store and will get 4G data worth Rs 2010 against the device exchanged.
Customers can also exchange the dongles of Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Tata, MTS, RCOM, Micromax, D-Link, Huawei, iBall, ZTE, Lava, Intex, Netgear, and BSNL.
2) In order to get a JioFi router, the customer has to pay Rs 1,999 and do a compulsory first recharge of Rs 408 out of which Rs 309 is for the plan, giving freebies for 84 days, the rest Rs 99 is for the Jio Prime membership.
With the help of JioFi, the telecom giant is trying to capture the market of rival telcos offering dongles, data cards and wifi routers, since the exchange scheme will encourage existing dongle users to shift to Jio’s services.
Meanwhile, Reliance Jio has touched the 108.9 million customer base as on March 31, 2017, of which over 72 million signed up for Jio Prime. Reliance Retail sold 2.6 million LYF and JioFi devices during the last quarter and nearly 10 million units in the financial year. Read more about JIO.