Startup India Rocks Kochi stopped by Cochin to pick up 3 startups for finale
Startup India Rocks Cochin stopped by on 17th August to pull out 3 investment attractive startups for their finale.
Scaale is a Growth Consultant Group headquartered in San Francisco having four key verticals: Capital, Sales, Talent and Workspace. Last year, they hosted India’s first Global Start-Up conference, Start-up India Rocks in October 2015 at The Leela Goa which was attended by over 200 delegates from 20 countries and over a 100 entrepreneurs. India’s leading Business Channel ET Now covered the conference live and broadcasted a 30 minute episode.
This year they are doing a 20 city roadshow to search for India’s 100 best start-ups. After having successful events in Jaipur, Kolkata and Hyderabad, the next destination was Cochin. The event was held on 17th August, 2016. The one day event was attended by over 30 startups. The panelist included Mr. Damodar Baliga (Global Manager, Scaale Exit), Mr. NRR Vijayakumar (Chairman, Aequitas Global), Mr. Nandakumar Krishnaswamy (Founder Passion), Ms. Bhadra B (Joint Director, TiE Kerala & Former Deputy Mayor for Cochin Corporation), Mr. Arun Nair (Head of Operations – NASSCOM 10K – Kerala) and Ms. Annie Mathew (Director, Audience Marketing at Microsoft)
The event was held at Kerala Technology Innovation Zone. It is a global innovation incubator hub for multiple technology sectors. It is envisioned as a one stop shop for technology innovation, where everything, from the conceptualizing an idea, to its incubation, to mentor support for setting up a successful enterprise and connect to angel investors ready to invest in a bankable idea, is present.
The event started with knowledge driven sessions like Series A to Z covering topics that help entrepreneurs to understand the multiple facets of raising growth capital that startups face by using case studies of Scaale’s portfolio companies. Thereafter, Legal Insights session was conducted by Voxlaw and Branding and Strategy Insights by Content Marketing division of Times Network. Apart from that, Microsoft directed the startups on “Leveraging Intelligent Cloud” a content driven session on the importance of cloud technology for businesses across sectors and geographies. Over 16 startups were selected for pitching and the best 3 had won the event.
The winners for the Cochin city event are:
- Instio Experiences
- UnityLIving Softwares
- RecipeBook (Agrima Infotech India Pvt Ltd)
The winners were glad that they got a platform to showcase their products in front of large audience and get an opportunity to understand the nuances of the dynamic startup ecosystem.
The partners who have supported the event are:
The offering by some of their partners are:
- 14 Square, a platform for serviced apartments is offering 15% of on all bookings for all attendees of Startup India Rocks event until December, 2016.
- Atom, a one stop provider of end to end payment services through Online and offline platforms is offering curated payment solutions to the attendees.
- Knowlarity, Asia’s leader in cloud telephony, aims at replacing traditional expensive communication hardware system with affordable & intelligent cloud-based telephony solutions for businesses. They are offering ‘Exclusive Super Receptionist Pack’ which includes Pack of 6 Super Receptionist Number for 6 Months, Click to Call Widget on the Website, and Unlimited Outbound Calling for Promotional Campaigns.
- Microsoft, the IT Giant specializing in operating system and Office suites, will provide shortlisted startups which are selected to pitch an opportunity to be offered technology solution and as well as curated technology solution would be offered to the 100 best startups who get a direct entry to pitch at the finale.
- Times Network, which is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group delivers segmented and differentiated content to engage over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India will offer media packages to the startups based on the stage they are in.